Braided Lemon Bread
A lot of firsts for me when baking this recipe:
- First time making lemon curd
- First time braiding bread
- First time making a filled bread
I think it came out so well because I really did my homework and studied three different summaries of the recipe:
1. The King Arthur Flour version: Always solid, but I wanted more pictures of the braiding process.
2. The Smitten Kitchen version: I was originally planning on making Ina Garten's lemon curd recipe, which would have yielded 3 cups of lemon curd! Smitten Kitchen's recipe saved me from wasting all of that lemon curd by providing a recipe for just 1/2 cup of lemon curd.
3. The King Arthur Blog: Same recipe, but more pictures!
Would I make it again: Yes! Maybe with orange curd?